« Home | It's happened...I'm criticizing my own review » | "W.A.S" Up » | Magnolia Electric Company: taking out one country ... » | Wow: I'm lazy » | NEMO: Day 1 Breakdown » | Nicolay: those crazy Dutchman » | Had to post this » | Just testing an MP3 This is an interesting renditi... » | Dirty on Purpose: aren't we all » | Sigur Ros: last minute » 

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 

The Juan Maclean - dance baby dance


If you were to ask my buddies from Philly if I listen to electronic music, most would say not a chance. As I have alluded before in a post, I am an ex-Phish head (on occasion, I have flashbacks), and for those that aren't aware, there is another band within the "Jam Band" scene called the Disco Biscuits. They are the jam scene's version of electronic music. I never liked their style and I guess for some time I was very unattracted to electronic music. However, now that I have grown apart from that jam band world, I have found that previous statement to be false.

The Juan Maclean is just another band that makes my passion for this type of music ever stronger. "Less Than Human" is an ever graceful yet pounding album that keeps getting better and better with each listen. If you're a fan of electronic music, buy this right now. If you're like me and didn't think there was room for synthetic beats and electronic melodies, I invite you to give this group a listen. Also make your way over to DFA Records if this has helped to wet your electronic appetite.

Go see The Juan Maclean live if you're in the Boston area at the Paradise Rock Club on February 3rd.

Here are a couple tracks to entice you to purchase the album-

Give Me Every Little Thing
Shinning Skinned Friend

I feel like Lucas is a very close minded individual. Have you listened to the Disco Biscuits since your high school early college days. It seems as though anything out of your "norm" you don't give a decent chance to and just start bashing in you passive aggressive way of reviewing.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Lucas "Kip" Owen
  • From Boston, MA
My profile

Links

If you are the owner of any of the images or songs posted on this blog and wish to have them removed, please contact us immediately. We will remove them as soon as we are notifed.

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates