« Home | Bring back the Guitar: Little Barrie » | Dios "Mios" Malos...man » | Check out the caption at the bottom...couldn't hav... » | Serena Maneesh...Pitchfork » | Labor Day...Biddeford » | Why HipToBeSquare? » | The Fin's: First music review » | Hey baby...Huey!!!!! you're the man. ha ha ha  » | That's right  » | My first blog » 

Thursday, September 15, 2005 

Sigur Ros: last minute


So I did it. I went to see them live. I searched craiglist all day today and found a face value ticket, thanks Adam.

I have been listening and wondering about their mysterious noises for three years now. Some say it sounds like whales talking to each other or baby's crying. Actually, it's a little of both I think. But the real mystery is not really the music per say but the humans behind these sounds. I learned that first hand earlier tonight. From the moment they got on stage to the moment they left, they kept me enthralled in their music yet not letting me get too close. It's like an insecure teenage boy trying to grab the attention of a girl only to shy away when she comes near. They lift us up and then turn us away. Only it's like a drug, once you've been there you want to go back. And so we begin again, starting from the high piercing registration of Birgisson's guitar bowing skills all the way until they engulf us with every sound imaginable.

I guess you could say it was a good show (extreme sarcasm). The lights worked perfectly with the songs. Birgisson's voice was on point and the band was uplifting as ever. And the best part, I still can't figure them out. I think its a great accomplishment to leave your fans wondering - who are you? How does he make that sound? I wonder what they do when their not playing music that sounds like whales.

Really quick review of Takk - Pretty good. Not their best. I find ( ) to be my favorite album of theirs. Takk is a very energetic album with lots of crescendos, more than normal. Some say that it is their least depressing album. But depressing music to me is different than psychological depression. I think depressing music can actually be quite uplifting.

Here are a couple tracks that I really like from the new album:

Download Gong
Download Glosoli

Download videos, images, songs and learn more about Sigur Ros at their official site

About me

  • I'm Lucas "Kip" Owen
  • From Boston, MA
My profile

Links

If you are the owner of any of the images or songs posted on this blog and wish to have them removed, please contact us immediately. We will remove them as soon as we are notifed.

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates