« Home | Check out the caption at the bottom...couldn't hav... » | Serena Maneesh...Pitchfork » | Labor Day...Biddeford » | Why HipToBeSquare? » | The Fin's: First music review » | Hey baby...Huey!!!!! you're the man. ha ha ha  » | That's right  » | My first blog » 

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 

Dios "Mios" Malos...man



So, I still need to sit down and do a thorough review of a band. Just got the Internet last weekend. Now I need to focus. Ok, enough about me and my lack of motivation. Now for the music.

I have been listening to Dios for a few weeks now. They are from Hawthorne, California. I have found them to be a band that I can put on in the morning, in the afternoon and in the evening. They are an "everyday" band. There aren't many out there. For example, Sigur Ros does not go on when the party is getting started or when the party is getting down and dirty. But Dios, hey, you can throw them on and get down, if you turn the volume up. They use a lot of floating melodies (must be that Cali sunshine that keeps them afloat).

They also seem like a strange group of individuals that have some obsession for monkeys. Which is a good thing because monkeys are cool.

Quick tangent, anyone else think that the commercial for CareerBuilder.com doesn't make any sense. I think working with monkeys would be an awesome job.

Download "Starting Five" here & "All is Said and Done" here. Buy their self-titled album on Amazon.com.

About me

  • I'm Lucas "Kip" Owen
  • From Boston, MA
My profile

Links

If you are the owner of any of the images or songs posted on this blog and wish to have them removed, please contact us immediately. We will remove them as soon as we are notifed.

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates