« Home | John Vanderslice - Live in San Fran » | The Juan Maclean - dance baby dance » | It's happened...I'm criticizing my own review » | "W.A.S" Up » | Magnolia Electric Company: taking out one country ... » | Wow: I'm lazy » | NEMO: Day 1 Breakdown » | Nicolay: those crazy Dutchman » | Had to post this » | Just testing an MP3 This is an interesting renditi... » 

Thursday, January 05, 2006 

New kids on the block


The 2006 blogging season has started and the first band that I've been seeing get a lot press has been Tapes n' Tapes. So far I've heard "out on the range" beats, whining and screaming, little drummer boy, Stephen Malkmusesque style guitar riffs and some lyric about Harvard Square (a plus for this Bostonian).

However they get a minus for not making their way up here during their next tour to show me what they've got in front of a live audience. But to be perfectly honest, these guys have a very eclectic sound and that's extremely important for a band just getting out in to the scene - gives them room to grow (a lesson the strokes probably should have been given).

Go get yourself some songs courtesy of the band here. And check to see if they are playing at a venue near you here.

About me

  • I'm Lucas "Kip" Owen
  • From Boston, MA
My profile

Links

If you are the owner of any of the images or songs posted on this blog and wish to have them removed, please contact us immediately. We will remove them as soon as we are notifed.

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates