« Home | New kids on the block » | John Vanderslice - Live in San Fran » | The Juan Maclean - dance baby dance » | It's happened...I'm criticizing my own review » | "W.A.S" Up » | Magnolia Electric Company: taking out one country ... » | Wow: I'm lazy » | NEMO: Day 1 Breakdown » | Nicolay: those crazy Dutchman » | Had to post this » 

Monday, January 09, 2006 


Rogue Wave...The best band I've heard in awhile. That could be all that I need to write, however, this band has too much to offer for me to just have one sentence on my blog about them. The harmonies in this group are amazing. Everyone in the group has a voice and that's the way it should be. But of coarse it's all brought together by front man, Zach Rogue. The band consists of four band members - Zach Rogue (guitar, wulitzer and lead vocals), Gram Lebron (guitar, synth), Pat Spurgeon (drums, samples), Evan Farrell (bass).

Their sound includes a bit of dreamy pop but they keep you on your toes by adding off beat transitions and samples that remind me at times of Animal Collective. But Rogue waves album, Descended Like Vultures, is much more accessible then any Animal Collective I've heard (not that 'AC' aren't amazing in their own way).

This is their second release off of Sub Pop records. But realistically this is their debut album. Their first album, "Out of the Shadow", was really just Zach Rogue going into a studio and hammering out a bunch of tunes. On this album, they've added another member (who was a fan at first) and all the songs were more collaborative.

Go right now and purchase Descended Like Vultures from your local music store or go and purchase right off of Sub Pop's website.

Here are a few tracks. Download the songs by clicking on the links and downloading from YouSendIt. YouSendIt will only have these songs up for 10 days so get them while they're hot.

Bird on a Wire
Publish My Love
Catform

About me

  • I'm Lucas "Kip" Owen
  • From Boston, MA
My profile

Links

If you are the owner of any of the images or songs posted on this blog and wish to have them removed, please contact us immediately. We will remove them as soon as we are notifed.

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates