« Home | Introducing the Live Music Scale » | Overdue » | White Thighs...enough said » | Quickie » | Stream Machine » | Doesn't get much better then this... » | Introducing Jenkins. More to come. Just returned... » | Victory Rose, Part 2 » | Wow Wilbur » | Bored at work? » 

Sunday, March 19, 2006 

Jews and News

SILVER JEWS TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I'm going and I'm really pumped. And yes, I will be posting how the show went as soon as I return home. And I will again attempt to take some pictures. Hopefully coming out better than Sigur Ros.

But in other news, while many are aware of this guy named Josh Ritter, I had yet to really hear any of his music - until today. Bows & Arrows has been posting a bunch of music by Josh and really pumpin him up. So I finally got over to his myspace page to give him a listen. Awsome. And even better, he is playing in our area. He's heading to the Avalon on April 29th and playing at Shelburne Falls Memorial Hall in Shelburn Falls, MA on May 6th. Memorial Hall is about a 2 hour drive from Boston. Avalon is about a 15 minute "T" ride from my apartment. But, you know what, I am going to probably head to Shelburne Falls. Why? Avalon sucks. That's why. For those of you who aren't from Boston, the Avalon employees are more interested in their Avaland patrans than their concert goer patrans. One hint to this fact is that shows only go until 10 pm. And they are very strict about that time slot. They filter us out and setup the cages for the dancers. That's right, I said cages. While I'm not totally against scantally clad women dancing in cages, it sort of ruins the atmosphere of going to see a really great artist play really great music.

While on the other hand, the Memorial Hall looks like a perfect setting. And as a fan of live music, I know that setting is about 50 to 60% of the overall experience. So, what's my point? I suggest going to Shelburne Falls and if you have a friend near the area, try and convince him or her to go and to let you crash at their place. Or, I'm sure the town of Shelburne Falls has some nice inns to crash at.

Plus, Two Gallants is playing in Boston on the same night as Josh and I really want to catch these guys. My buddy over at Little C's is a big fan and they have been getting a lot of press recently. They have a pretty raw sound to them and I also like the upstairs at the Middle East. Another place with a good vibe to it.

If you're heading to the Silver Jews tonight, look for the kid trying to figure out his digital camera and constantly looking frustrated at the outcome.

Well done!
[url=http://ezqzvwfj.com/vkwt/falx.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://idmpeqra.com/zjfy/txpf.html]Cool site[/url]

Well done!
http://ezqzvwfj.com/vkwt/falx.html | http://qlivnyve.com/grns/anef.html

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Lucas "Kip" Owen
  • From Boston, MA
My profile

Links

If you are the owner of any of the images or songs posted on this blog and wish to have them removed, please contact us immediately. We will remove them as soon as we are notifed.

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates