« Home | Wow Wilbur » | Bored at work? » | Weekend Rap » | Cassettes Won't Listen...Damn it » | Egyptians in Boston » | Rogue Wave...The best band I've heard in awhile. ... » | New kids on the block » | John Vanderslice - Live in San Fran » | The Juan Maclean - dance baby dance » | It's happened...I'm criticizing my own review » 

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 

Victory Rose, Part 2


If you were one of the fortunate souls to come across my blog about 3 months ago when I first started, you'll know that I saw Sigur Ros for the first time during their first Takk tour in the states. Now on their second leg of the tour, I once again saw them here in Boston. Why, you may ask. Well, one thing is I didn't have a girlfriend 3 months ago that favors a taste for music similar to mine and, well, that's pretty much my only excuse for seeing them a second time. But I don't really care if they pretty much played the same show, it was still amazing.

This show helped me to finally put into the books that Gong is by far their best song off of Takk (at least in my opinion). And I think I can also say that the finale to their show (again, the exact same ending as 3 months ago) is by far the most intense five minutes of music you will ever experience.

Download Gong for a listen, if you don't already own the album. If you don't, go purchase the album, here.

A couple other things I learned during this show - 1. Don't sit in the last few rows on the orchestra level of the Orpheum Theatre in Boston, I can explain in more detail if you'd like. And 2. I really need to figure out how to get a good shot with my digital camera during a concert. I am new to the camera thing. The picture attached to this post is an example of shot I took last night.

I always got the throw aways but now that I've got a digital, I want to take a ton of pictures. It's just a point-n-click but it's pretty good one. It's a Canon PowerShot. You know, the one that Maria Sharapova promotes.

Anyway, if any one knows any good settings for this camera, leave a post or shoot me an email.

About me

  • I'm Lucas "Kip" Owen
  • From Boston, MA
My profile

Links

If you are the owner of any of the images or songs posted on this blog and wish to have them removed, please contact us immediately. We will remove them as soon as we are notifed.

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates