« Home | Cassettes Won't Listen...Damn it » | Egyptians in Boston » | Rogue Wave...The best band I've heard in awhile. ... » | New kids on the block » | John Vanderslice - Live in San Fran » | The Juan Maclean - dance baby dance » | It's happened...I'm criticizing my own review » | "W.A.S" Up » | Magnolia Electric Company: taking out one country ... » | Wow: I'm lazy » 

Sunday, January 22, 2006 

Weekend Rap


So you can make that two weekends in a row that I've gone to see a GirlPower/lezbo induced/british female singer. Fortunately both artists are very good singers and were playing at 21+ venue so I didn't have to deal with any teeny boppers.

This weekend was KT Tunstall. Last week was Imogen Heap. This weeks girl is a major label breakthrough that the Brits are eating up - and I wouldn't mind getting me a bite. All hotgirl jokes aside, KT is amazingly talented on several realms. Check out her myspace page. She's on Virgin Records - yeah I'm not that big of a music snob.

To finish off this weekend I hit up a local cd release party for a band from Berklee calling themselves Sing With Anne (go give their myspace page a listen). This was not only their first cd and first cd release party, but it was officially their first paying gig. And they're not even sure what is next for them. Personally, I wasn't a fan of their venue choice for their release party - Harper's Ferry. A young band should have their release party not on a Sunday night at a large venue but at a smaller venue on a Thursday or Friday night.

Who knows what will become of them, but I'm always one to support local music, whether it needs serious work or not.

Should have some music posted soon for you to grab. In the mean time, if you haven't gotten over to get some of the Straiht Wikid Crew, go now.

Good design!
[url=http://qsheqvzd.com/ccio/fhvh.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://nzkuekwc.com/walw/iwaa.html]Cool site[/url]

Good design!
http://qsheqvzd.com/ccio/fhvh.html | http://nddcliwi.com/egfk/qsxg.html

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Lucas "Kip" Owen
  • From Boston, MA
My profile

Links

If you are the owner of any of the images or songs posted on this blog and wish to have them removed, please contact us immediately. We will remove them as soon as we are notifed.

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates